Cootie Kicker-EASY FEED Formula
COOTIE KICKER In a new easy feed formula!
An all natural immune boosting and gentle detox formula for horses. This Easy to Feed Formula is combined with Coconut Meal (Copra meal) and Rice Bran Oil for easy feeding. No need to wet down or add additional oil.
About Cootie Kicker:
Why do horses need a detox? Chemical based feeds put toxins into the body, as do chemical de-wormers, vaccinations, chronic pain, unfiltered water supplies, fertilizers in hay products, and medications. These toxins build up in the body and as time goes by the body gets clogged up, much as a drain needing a drain cleaner. If the body does not find a way to clean itself out, then it breaks down; leading to sickness, injury, pain and arthritis. Keeping the body flushed of toxins leads to a healthier body, whether horse or human.
Cootie Kicker is a recipe that combines detoxing with immune boosting. It is highly effective at flushing toxins out of the body, and repairing and boosting the immune system. Cootie Kicker may be used in small doses for a gentle detox or larger doses for a quicker more powerful detox (use with caution at higher levels!). Its ability to boost the immune system helps the body to heal faster, whether from sickness or injury. Because of the variety of herbs used, it is packed FULL of a variety of vitamins and minerals! At lower doses may safely be used long term as a vitamin supplement. Detoxing is necessary for horse with liver and kidney issues!
May be used before relocating to boost the immune system which helps the body handle stress.
Use before and after vaccinations to help alleviate symptoms (IE injection site swelling).
During periods of heavy training, may be used to support the immune system which will help with muscle recovery.
Use during injuries to help the body heal more quickly.
WARNING: Detox herbs will also flush out medications! Detox levels not recommended for pregnant mares.
- BASIL: Antifungal, antibacterial, boosts digestion.
- BENTONITE CLAY-detoxes heavy metals while providing vital minerals.
- DANDELION LEAF-increases bile which improves liver/kidney/gallbladder function and detoxing.
- ECHINACEA PURPUREA-boosts immune response and increases breathing function
- FENUGREEK-helps flush the body of impurities and break up mucous/congestion while improving digestion.
- MILK THISTLE-flushes and heals the urinary tract, but specifically works on boosting liver function.
- NETTLE-kidney and adrenal gland tonic that also provides a wide variety of nutrients
- ROSEHIP-assists in cleaning bladder and kidneys, raises alkalinity level, promotes a healthy immune system
- YARROW-promotes secretion of digestive enzymes. This herb is considered an "all purpose" healing herb.
- YELLOW DOCK-improves the flow of bile and digestive juices, increasing elimination from the body which aids in detoxing.
Coconut (Copra) Meal-low NSC value so safe for all sugar sensitive horses. A very neutral additive accepted by most horses.
Rice Bran Oil-acceptable omega 3 to omega 6 levels.
Easy feed versions of our formulas have a shorter shelf life than powdered versions due to the oils so should be stored in a cool dry place if kept more than 6 months.
Use for average 1000lb horse is 2 pounds per month. (4 Tablespoons per day) Length of detoxing depends on toxin levels and health of horse. Average first detox is 3 months/2 times per year. Horse with chronic health issues may need to detox more often and first detox may be 4-6 months. Detoxing too quickly can cause adverse reactions. Our detox formula is meant to be slow, so the immune system can keep up with the detoxing action of the mix.
For more information about detoxing: "Does My Horse Need to Detox?"