Burdock Root POWDER
Burdock Root POWDER (Arctium lappa)
MINERALS/HEAVY METAL DETOX/BLOOD BUILDER
- Primary herb in blood purifier formulas. Both diuretic and alkalizing which will neutralize acids and toxins and expel them more quickly thus allowing the body to heal itself
- Soothes inflamed tissues and absorbs toxins from the bowel.
- An excellent source of chromium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, silicon, and zinc.
- Has been used to treat arthritis, allergies, eczema, bronchitis, and urinary tract infections.
- Helps reduce swelling and deposits of joints and knuckles and breaks down calcification.
Contains vitamin B-3 (niacin) and vitamin C.
IN LARGE DOSES MAY LOWER BODIES ABILITY TO CLOT BLOOD, DO NOT TAKE WHILE ON MEDICATIONS FOR DIABETES.
DOSING SINGLE HERBS-the "Four Herb" rule:
We apologize for the inconvenience but we do not give dosages for using one herb alone. The reason behind this is it is far easier to overdose using a single herb, than a combination of herbs. We would need a complete health history, complete feed breakdown and even with all the information, it can still be a risk to suggest dosage on single herbs. Therefore, our solution is to recommend the dosage for a minimum "four herb" combination. As herbs work synergistically (supporting each other) it is best to use herbs in combination, rather than alone. If you are wanting to target an herb (say Milk Thistle for the liver) it is very easy to do a simple online search, like “herbs for liver” and come up with several suggestions…milk thistle, marshmallow, ginger, and burdock are a few that pop up that would combine well to enhance liver function. Once you combine these minimum four types of herbs, feed in the following manner:
Over 1400lbs: 2-3 tablespoons mixed powdered herbs AND/OR 1/3 cup mixed chopped herbs
900-1400lbs: 1-2 tablespoons mixed POWDERED herbs AND/OR ¼ cup mixed chopped herbs
400-900lbs: ½ to 1 tablespoon mixed powdered herbs AND/OR ¼ cup mixed chopped herbs
Under 400lbs: 1-2 teaspoons mixed powdered herbs AND/OR 1 tablespoon mixed chopped herbs
Start with minimal dosage. If no changes seen within 2-4 weeks, increase by half dose.
We continuously update information on our herbs for relevant information but as information on herbs is rather endless, please conduct your own searches as new information is constantly being uploaded on the internet.
As with all herbs, please confirm if it is safe for pregnant or lactating mares before use.