Meadowsweet POWDER (Filipendula ulmaria)
- Referred to as “nature's aspirin”.
- has long been used as a treatment for coughs and colds.
- contains salicylic acid, the main constituent in aspirin, and has its analgesic and fever-reducing properties. It is also used to relieve pain associated with rheumatism, menstrual cramps, headache, arthritis and low grade fever.
- also seems to be effective against bacteria that causes diarrhea
- may inhibit blood clotting when used long term at high doses (due to salicylic acid content).
WARNING:Contains small amounts of salicylic acid but it has been found to help heal ulcers rather than exacerbate the issue.