Nutritional Yeast is full of B vitamins, including B-12 which helps the body upload protein for rebuilding muscle/greater muscle mass.
Has a slightly calming effect on most horses and dogs.
Light golden in color with a nutty smell.
Great for horses, dogs, cats, and people.
Helpful for discouraging pests,especially fleas and flies!
Nutritional yeast is very light and fluffy. The average horse will use 1lb per month (at 2 tbs a day)
Any product that is yeast based (brewers, probiotics) has the possibility of adding to a candida overload or adding to a yeast infection (if present) though I have not found nutritional yeast to have the same impact as other yeasts.
Some symptoms of Candida overload...
- Skin and hoof fungal infections (such as chronic thrush)
- Low energy levels and mysterious pain issues
- Digestive issues such as bloating, constipation, or diarrhea
- Spookiness, lack of focus, training difficulties
- Skin issues such as rashes that won't heal
- Irritability, anxietyVaginal infections (messy mare syndrome),
- urinary tract infections,
- rectal itching
- vaginal itching.
- This would include "itchy tail" that can't be traced to parasites.
- Severe seasonal allergies or itchy ears
- Especially true with strong sugar and refined carbohydrate diets which feed candida overloads.
So while nutritional yeast can be a fantastic addition to any diet, it needs to be "monitored" for those with a symptoms that show a possible candida overload.
Nutritional Yeast is part of our Iron Hoof and Iron Dog recipes.